Contact:: Michael Willmann
Web 2.0…a primer on social media: What It Is…and Why It Matters to Entrepreneurs and Leaders of Not-for-Profit Organizations
Free Workshop on January 16th Will Feature
Insider Tips from “New Media” Practitioners
WEST DEPTFORD, NJ—Two regional business service organizations are joining forces to offer a free workshop on how to successfully use “new media” on Wednesday, January 16, from 8 AM to 11 AM at Riverwinds in West Deptford.
The Non Profit Development Center of Southern New Jersey and the Entrepreneurs Forum of Southern New Jersey are presenting their first-ever joint workshop on the topic of “Web 2.0—What It Is, Why It Matters, and How to Use It.”
Thanks to a sponsorship grant from Susquehanna Bank, registration fees have been waived and the event is free and open to the public.
The workshop will feature two sessions discussing how two distinct groups—entrepreneurs and leaders of NPOs—can use the not-so-new social media that are lumped under the term “Web 2.0” to help their organizations.
Joining advertising and public relations executive Michael Willmann of WMSH Marketing Communications, who will moderate, in the first session will be:
• Steve Lubetkin, APR, Fellow, PRSA, managing partner of Professional Podcasts LLC and the acknowledged dean of podcasting in the Garden State, who also writes the “CompuSchmooze” technology column in the Jewish Community Voice of Southern New Jersey
• Lou Antosh, award-winning editor, reporter, and blogger, and
• Terry Rossi, CIO and co-founder of PICS On-Line and webinar master.
The second session will feature two panelists who regularly use Web 2.0:
• Rob Stuart, President of Evolve Strategies, and
• Chandrasekhar Vallath, Associate Professor of Radio/TV/Film at Rowan University
Dubbed by Business Trends as South Jersey’s “marketing guru,” Willmann says “Web 2.0 is everywhere. Here’s a chance for business people who don’t understand what it is to get exposure to the new social media tools and learn how to use them to help their organizations.”
To register or for more information about the event or the two sponsoring organizations, interested parties can contact Sarah Piddington at 856-256-4271 or email@example.com.