CHERRY HILL, NJ – November 25, 2013 – For the third straight year, videos produced by the Professional Podcasts division of Cherry Hill, NJ-based Lubetkin Media Companies have been recognized with a JASPER Award from the Jersey Shore Public Relations and Advertising Association (JSPRAA).
It’s the seventh time the firm has won JSPRAA recognition for its audio and video podcast productions.
The firm won a Silver JASPER Award in the “Television and Video – Video News Release” category, for two video news reports it prepared on behalf of PSE&G Children’s Specialized Hospital in New Brunswick, NJ.
One video news report featured a formal prom event held at the hospital for patients of all ages, including several teens who were missing their own high school prom because of treatment at the hospital.
The other report featured the hospital’s window washing company, whose workers volunteered to dress as Spiderman and Batman while rappelling down the side of the hospital, providing young patients with a surprise diversion from physical therapy and other treatments. The two superheroes also toured the hospital and posed for photos with the children and their families.
Lubetkin Media Companies also provided b-roll video of both events that the hospital distributed to the news media for use in their own reports on the two events.
The JASPER award was presented at JSPRAA’s awards dinner at the Robert B. Meyner Reception Center at the PNC Bank Arts Center in Holmdel, Monmouth County, on November 21.
“We are extremely proud that our communications colleagues and peers continue to recognize the quality of our video work by bestowing JASPER Awards,” said Steve Lubetkin, managing partner of Lubetkin Media Companies. “Our work speaks for itself – and also speaks for our clients by helping them tell stories effectively with sound and images.”
About Children’s Specialized Hospital
Children’s Specialized Hospital is the preeminent provider of rehabilitation services for children with special needs. The hospital serves children affected by brain injury, spinal cord injury, premature birth, autism, developmental delays, and life-changing illnesses. Children’s Specialized Hospital has twelve sites in New Jersey and treats 20,000 children each year, making it the largest pediatric rehabilitation system of its kind in the nation. Services include outpatient services, acute rehabilitation, and long-term care through its sites in Bayonne, Clifton, Egg Harbor Township, Mountainside, Toms River, Fanwood, Hamilton, New Brunswick, Newark and Roselle Park as well as outreach programs in many communities. Children’s Specialized Hospital is a proud member of the Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals. Children’s Specialized Hospital Foundation supports the programs and services of the hospital. The Foundation is ranked among the top six pediatric hospital foundations in the country. To help, or find more information: visit www.childrens-specialized.org; join us on Facebook www.facebook.com/childrensspecialized, or follow us on Twitter @ChildrensSpecNJ.
In existence since 1965, the Jersey Shore Public Relations & Advertising Association (http://www.jspraa.org/) has grown into the Central New Jersey area’s largest communications association, with members from the advertising, graphic design, marketing, and public relations professions. It established the JASPER Awards in 1974 to honor excellence in communications.
Lubetkin Media Companies’ six previous JASPER Awards are:
- 2012: Gold JASPER Award in the Television/Video Documentary (10-30 minutes) category for its video tribute, “Leon Levy Honored by Congregation Mikveh Israel.”
- 2012: Silver JASPER Award in the Television/Video TV Special Programming category for a documentary about Congregation Mikveh Israel’s dedication of a new Torah scroll.
- 2011: Silver JASPER Award in the Television/Video Documentary (10-30 minutes) category for its video documentary produced for The Pines at Whiting, a continuing care retirement community in the Whiting section of Manchester Township, Ocean County.
- 2011: Silver JASPER Award in the Television/Video TV Special Programming category for a promotional video prepared on behalf of the 2011 American Transplant Congress, a joint event of the American Society of Transplant Surgeons and the American Society of Transplantation held in Philadelphia.
- 2009: Silver JASPER Award won jointly with Take This Journey, another Cherry Hill-based video firm, for a video documentary, “Touching People’s Lives,” for the Samost Jewish Family & Children’s Service of Southern New Jersey.
- 2008: Silver JASPER Award for podcast audio programs it produced for NAPL, a global printing and graphic communications trade association.